Major Insurance Auto Insurance Articles
Your #1 destination for all things auto insurance. The Major Insurance team is dedicated to learning the industry’s top trends and tips for lowering your payment.
Major Insurance is on a mission to save you money on auto insurance. We make sure you have the right policy for your needs at the best price by finding the industry’s best policies that match your needs. You’ll find using Major Insurance to shop and compare auto insurance quotes is an easy and fast way to purchase coverage for you and your family.
How do our insurance quotes work? We partner with some of the largest insurance carriers in the nation who compete for your business. When you complete our simple quote request form or speak to one of our phone representatives, we do the hard work for you by gathering multiple quotes.
How do we find you the lowest insurance rates possible? Major Insurance makes sure that you save money by showing you discounts that reduce your auto insurance premiums. Here are some of the valuable discounts that might help you save money on your auto insurance bill:
- Usage-Based Discount – or pay-as-you-drive insurance saves money by using your everyday driving habits to help calculate your premium.
- Safe Driver Discount – saves money when you have a clean driving record and remain accident-free.
- No Lapse in Coverage Discount – saves money when you don’t have any gaps in auto insurance coverage.
- Multi-Car Discount – saves money when you insure more than one vehicle.
- Bundling Discount – saves money when you combine multiple policies, such as auto, home, renters, and commercial insurance.
- Safety Discount – saves money based on the safety features in your vehicle.
- Good Student Discount – saves money when a high school or college student on your policy maintains good grades.
- Military Discount – saves money when you’re an active servicemember.
- Driver Education Discount – saves money when you complete a driver education course.
- Retired Discount – saves money when you’re age 65 or older.
In addition to qualifying for certain discounts, there are a variety of issues that affect how much you pay for car insurance. Here are some of the most influential factors:
- Where you live – is very important because rates can vary dramatically from state to state. Also, the address where you keep your car plays a role. City dwellers typically pay more for auto insurance than those in rural areas. Other factors related to your location—such as the theft rate, accident rate, cost of car repair, cost of medical care, and weather trends—also affect your auto insurance rate.
- The car you drive – is a major factor in your auto insurance rate. More expensive vehicles cost more to repair or replace. Those with better safety records and technology may qualify for premium discounts.
- Your mileage – is an indicator of your time on the road and potential risk for getting into an accident. If you use a car for daily commutes or drive long distances your auto insurance rate is typically higher. But if you drive less frequently, you’ll pay less.
- Your driving history – shows how responsible you are behind the wheel. The cleaner your record, the lower your auto insurance premium will be.
- Your age or years of driving experience – play a role in your auto insurance rate because mature drivers have fewer accidents than less experienced or younger drivers.
There are many other factors that determine how much you’ll pay for coverage. So, if it’s been a while since you last shopped for auto insurance, get free auto insurance quotes and see how much you could save.